Monday, June 17, 2013

Madelyn turns 8!

 photo IMG_5644.jpg  photo IMG_5649.jpg  photo IMG_5652.jpg  photo IMG_5662.jpg

Madelyn turned 8 YEARS OLD on Friday, May 24th!! She got the traditional breakfast in bed and gifts. Her reaction was priceless, and I always love seeing how excited the siblings are for the birthday person. Since her birthday landed on a Friday she got to celebrate at school first. It was the day of the Fun Run and so I got to volunteer to help with the run and be with her part of the day. She was so excited to run in her new shoes and raise money for her school. 

 photo IMG_5664.jpg

It was a "short day" at school and so she came home and got dressed up for her birthday party at 
One Sweet Slice that afternoon!

 photo IMG_5674.jpg  photo IMG_5689.jpg  photo IMG_5686.jpg

The girls each picked out an apron and hat and got to work drawing the design they wanted for their two cupcakes. Then they learned how to make a bow, flower, and other designs out of their pastel fondant. There was also plenty of frosting, sprinkles, and colored sugar to go around. It was fun to watch each girl with their cupcakes--some would finish them fast and efficiently, some worked more slowly and meticulously. All of their little creative minds were at work! I found myself totally entranced by the fondant as well.

The girls got to pick out and drink Italian sodas too and their very own cupcake at the end. These people don't mess around with cupcakes. They were the winners on Cupcake Wars and their creations are delicious!! We took a few home too for Maddy's family party that night.

   photo IMG_5679.jpg  photo IMG_5678.jpg  photo IMG_5700.jpg  photo IMG_5699.jpg  photo IMG_5718.jpg  photo IMG_5714.jpg  photo IMG_5721.jpg  photo IMG_5720.jpg  photo IMG_5719.jpg  photo IMG_5725.jpg

I think it was a big hit! After the party we took Maddy out to her choice, Cafe Rio for dinner and came home to open presents and blow out candles.
 photo IMG_5680.jpg

I sure love this girl of mine! She is kind, enthusiastic, thoughtful, loving, pure, a planner, helpful, a leader, creative, spunky, funny, obedient, and oh so beautiful inside and out!! Love you Maddy Mae!

Happy 8th Birthday!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Despite my terrible memory, I can still remember the day she was born and the first time I held her tiny little body. 8 years has gone by too quickly!