Monday, May 19, 2014

Henry at 18 Months

My Dear Henry James,

 photo IMG_7413.jpg 

A couple of months ago I took you out by the bright, yellow tulips in full bloom with your bright, yellow balloon tied to your cute, chubby wrist and snapped a few pictures of you. BRIGHT, BEAUTIFUL YOU, at 18 MONTHS! How time flies! You are still as full of EXPRESSIONS as ever! And still pretty attached to your Mama, which is pretty WONDERFUL. 

 photo IMG_7408.jpg

We have lots of nicknames for you, including BOO, Boo-Boo, Henry Hukas, Baby Boy, Love Bug, and I'm sure there are more. Your vocabulary is also growing quite a bit EVERYDAY. You pretty much copy everything we're saying now, which is so cute in your own little voice. Your favorite words and phrases right now are, all with enthusiasm:

Some (for food)
I want some! 
Wow! Cute!
Whoa! Cool!
I love you!
Singing the Happy Birthday song
Good job!
Aww!
Night night! 
K, go!
Shoes!
Maddy!
Mommy!
Bye!
Hi!
One…two...

And my favorite is when you just ramble a bunch of gibberish very intently like you are telling the greatest story ever told. This usually happens right when you wake up in the morning or at nap time, like you have had quite the dream and need to share it!

 photo IMG_7409.jpg photo IMG_7410.jpg  photo IMG_7396.jpg photo IMG_7412.jpg

Your Hi's and Bye's you give are very endearing, complete with a wave or an arms-on-the-table pose like you're getting ready for a big conversation. You love playing with your brothers and sister and keep up pretty well. You love being one of the big boys now--sitting on chairs, sitting in a big carseat, playing outside with them, and so on. Your light and zest for life radiates with you wherever you go as you march and smile along! You have loved nursery, although it's a little rough each time Mommy leaves. You insist on sitting on my lap until I say, "I have to go, but I will be back so soon to come and get you." It breaks my heart to see your little lip quiver and silent tears coming down your cheeks. Oh, it hurts to leave you! But by the time I come and get you, you don't even notice me--you're just playing away.

 photo IMG_7415.jpg

I love how you like to sit on my lap all the time. You just sort of scootch your way over and sit with your hands folded. I love your snuggles and your sweet hugs! I love how you come running to Daddy or I with your arms outstretched, ready for a big hug.

 photo IMG_7411.jpg

You are pretty darn ADORABLE, Henry!! I wish I could freeze time sometimes. I love you so very much!! Thank you for making our lives so full of JOY!

xo,
Mommy

1 comment:

janell said...

I love this! Such a sweet, cute little guy!