Saturday, June 28, 2014

Our first calling



After two and a half years, Jonathan was released as Elders Quorum President last Sunday. After talking about his time serving the men and families in our ward, we realized these past two and a half years have been the most intense, stressful, and busy time of our married life. I think it no coincidence that the Lord called him to serve during this time. It made us more spiritually-grounded and more service-oriented, which brought great blessings to our family. 

The Stake President called our family in to talk with him last Sunday and extend a release to Jonathan. My favorite part was when President Starks was explaining to you kids what your Daddy had been doing in our ward. And then he mentioned that there is one calling that he and I hold that is most important and that we will never be released from and that is to be your father and mother. It was a great reminder to me that our everyday work in our home is of great eternal importance, more important than anything else we can do here on earth. I am so thankful for your Daddy and for the good man of God that he is, and I am so thankful to have him as my partner in teaching and serving each one of you as our children and greatest treasures.

No comments: