Sunday, May 8, 2016

Weekly wrap


Cheers for the weekend! I hope this week's been a good one for you.
  • This week at my house was full of endearing snuggles and chatter from this boy pictured above.  He loves to yell my name to get my attention and then to lower it to tell me what he wants. Like this: "Mommay! I need drink" or Mommay! Give me kissey" or, my favorite, "Mommay! I love you, Mommay." He pretty much has me wrapped around his little finger, and I think he's starting to figure it out. Tomorrow he will be two and a HALF. TWO and a HALF. It goes fast, people.
  • My husband, Jonathan and I love to cook together, but rarely get the chance. However, we did this week(!) and we made this awesome recipe. It was a hit with the in-laws and a first-time for us making pad thai. We will certainly make it again. That Alton Brown knows his stuff.
  • We've also been planning a secret Disneyland trip for our family. After seeing this cute countdown though, I'm wondering if it would be more fun to anticipate the days with the kids!
  • My kids have also rediscovered the excitement of the Disney-Pixar movie, Cars. For the past few days, they've dug up all of their toy cars and tracks and spent hours racing over and over. You can bet Cars Land will be one of our first stops at Disneyland.
This weekend we have a violin lesson and lots of meetings. In between it all, I'm looking forward to a date night with Jonathan, trying this awesome treat created by our cousin Chloe, and maybe a family movie night. We bought the new Big Hero 6 movie on Blu-Ray today and my kids are thrilled! Yes, Disney is apparently a big deal at our house.

What are your plans? Whatever they are, I'm wishing a very happy weekend to you!

No comments: