Thursday, June 16, 2016

Service

Today I've been thinking about service. How it opens and softens hearts. How it shows sacrifice, commitment, and love. How it brings us closer to our Heavenly Father. 

I've been thinking a lot about the great example Jonathan is to me of service. This guy works so hard for our family at work, at home, and at church. He doesn't get much down time, but has been so positive and happy through it all. 

I've been struggling getting into a new routine with Jane. She likes to be held a lot. And oh how I love that, but it makes it hard to get things done with my other children and around the home. 

Jonathan is always there to pick up the slack, to lend a listening ear, to hold Jane and rock her, to take her for part of the night so I can sleep soundly, to help and be patient with the other kids needs, to take me out, and just express his love. 

I try not to take these things and his service for granted. Today and everyday I am thankful to walk through this life with him!

No comments: