Sunday, July 10, 2016

Give me the simple life

The kids are officially out of school and home for the summer!! Yay for no homework and more time together! But boo for boredom, fighting, and a messier house. Ha!

The other night I came downstairs to a disaster. Every toy and game we owned was scattered about the playroom and family room. We always pick up before bed, and on this particular night it took about an hour to tidy up and put everything back in its place. 

This had been happening a little too often and I was tired of being a naggy, unhappy mommy every night. So...

The next day I promptly took several trash bags down to the playroom and purged. Six full bags later, I had a cleaner and less glutinous room. 

It was therapeutic. And clarifying. And just feels so much better.  Out of sight, out of mind, right? And I can definitely use less on my mind. And my plate. : )

My kids haven't missed one toy, either. In fact, they've been playing a lot more in the playroom and seem to enjoy the toys they do have even more. I love hearing their imaginative play. And I love not having to nag and gag at the mess every night. 

Once again I realize, the more I simplify the things around me, the more time I have for things that matter most. 
Like these sweet loves. 

No comments: