Today felt like a good day to get out our favorite Halloween books. I know it's not even October yet, but these are some of our favorite stories and we need lots of time to enjoy them.
Old Black Witch has been a favorite of mine since childhood. I can still remember being in my Grandma J's house back in Kansas and snuggling up to her while she read it to me in all of her fun and scary voices. I love that I can now share it with my own kids!
The Costume Copycat is a book Madelyn and I found years ago when we first visited the South Jordan library. We had loved going to the library and all of the fun classes and story times when we had lived in Kansas. Those are some of my most cherished memories with my Maddy during the first few years of her life. So we were determined to keep going when we moved to Utah. She wasn't even 4 yet when we first read The Costume Copycat together, but we kept checking it out year after year until I finally bought it! It is now one of our family's very favorites. And now I'm the one doing the fun and silly voices. :)
And today that was just what Henry needed before drifting off for an afternoon snooze.


No comments:
Post a Comment