Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Six Months.


Six months ago today...this was me, so ready to have my 5th baby! Jonathan and I had been up most of the night worried Luke was sick after he woke us up in the wee hours of the morning. He seemed okay by the morning light and so off we went to the hospital to have us a BABY!! Even though I was feeling HUGE, I made sure to have Jonathan capture this very last moment of me pregnant before leaving for the hospital.

I've been thinking a lot about that day today--how I didn't even know if I was having a BOY or a GIRL, about how nervous I was to leave my kids and to be induced. I wondered if my body could do this labor and delivery thing for a 5th time and me being 34 years old. (So old! Ha) But as soon as I arrived at the hospital and got settled in, I felt such a peace knowing that my Heavenly Father was in charge and that on that day one of His children would be joining our family.


And SHE did! Now this precious baby GIRL is 6 months old!!! Miss Jane Everly is such a JOY to our family and some days I can't even believe I get to keep her forever. She is a mover and a shaker! I never thought I would have one of my babies crawling by 6 months, but she totally is.


At 3 months she has preferred rolling over to her tummy, then she started pushing and kicking her body around with her STRONG legs, then she was doing a downward facing dog pose every chance she got, then planks, and attempted somersaults (which freaked me out!) and just the other day she was off with the cutest caterpillar-like crawl I've seen. And when she sees something she wants, she is FAST. 


She's also started going from her tummy to sitting up. She's babbling with the cutest little voice and tasted her very first solid food yesterday: AVOCADOS. We had more today and it's not her favorite thing, but we'll keep trying. She is teething intermittently too, which is not so fun.


I'm not sure how much she weighs right now--we will find out next week at her 6-month check-up. She loves her siblings and laughs so hard with them and her Daddy. But she definitely prefers her Mama most and I love it that way. My favorite thing is to walk in her room in the morning or after a nap and see her eyes light up and a bunch of big smiles all for me. This girl has my heart. I really can't imagine what life was like without her now. What a gift from HEAVEN you are, Sweet Baby Jane! Happy Six Months, Baby Girl!




No comments: