Monday, September 26, 2016

Seasons of becoming

Yesterday evening we went on a nice Sunday drive around the Alpine loop. It is breathtakingly gorgeous right now with the fall colors and snow-capped mountains. I told the kids the legend of Mount Timpanogas as we drove behind it and we had a simple family home evening on the drive home. 
Jonathan and I were feeling unusually worn and exhausted yesterday after a very long 12 days of him working and Jane getting me up several times during the night before. It was extra-hard getting going in the morning for church and patiently, lovingly meeting the demands of all our children. I prayed very fervently to have the Spirit with me and to have my Savior's help. I know Jonathan did the same thing. 
And you know what? It was still hard, but I felt His power flowing through me as I kept trying and I felt so much joy being with my family in those mountains and gratitude for this season of life we are in. 
I thought about a year ago as we drove around the alpine loop. It was the first time I had been out of the house for weeks as I was pregnant and so sick. But I kept going. And now here we are a year later with a darling girl who has joined our family. 
This past year has stretched me and I am so thankful for it. I'm so grateful for these seasons of life and the opportunity to look back and reflect on who I've become and hopefully how these little moments of trying and persevering are shaping and molding our family for good. 


No comments: