Thursday, September 29, 2016

Slow mornings

I love slow mornings. Slow mornings are my jam (I've never used that phrase before, did I say that right??😄)--the kind where I have nowhere to go and no deadlines to meet. It's just me and my kiddos at home. I think it's because these kinds of mornings are perfect for my introverted personality. I can reflect and recharge and calmly take things at my own pace. 


On these mornings I like to linger in my bed, read my scriptures, pray, and ponder the things I've read or impressions I've felt to problems/questions I have. 


I like to sip on my green smoothie and browse through the pretty pictures on my Instagram feed. 


I like to make a purple-potion smoothie for Luke and Henry. 


I like to play with Jane and read stories together in my bed. 


I like to run on the treadmill and watch my boys giggle in the bathtub and play in their own imaginary world through the crack of the door. 


I like to daydream. 


I like to shower and take a little longer picking out my clothes and putting on my makeup. 


I like to put things back in order. 


I like to turn up the music full-blast and dance with my kids while I clean the kitchen. 


I like to write. And read. And more. 


Yep, I love slow mornings. I really do. But sadly, they are very few and far between these days. So, when I get one, I truly savor it. Like today. 

No comments: