Monday, January 9, 2017

It's my turn

On Thursday evening as we all sat down to dinner, Evan insisted he was not hungry and lay on the floor moaning. On Friday we found out he had strep throat. Poor kid. He is always the one to get sick. And he is the one that needs his strength!

Most of the day Friday and Saturday he rested on the couch or in his room. He later told me that day that Henry was being so nice and taking care of him and getting him anything he needed. He said, "I wish I could do something for Henry now." I told him, "It's ok. It's your turn to be served and Henry wants to help you. Sometime soon I'm sure you'll have a chance to help him."

The next day when Evan was feeling better, Henry was upset and needing something right away. Evan ran downstairs as fast as he could and yelled up to me, "I'll help him, Mom! It's my turn to serve!"

What a great example my Evan was to me then. We all take turns being the ones who need service and being the ones to serve, but let's never miss our chance! I'll never forget Evan running down to Henry as fast as he could, with such enthusiasm and no hesitation! It was his turn to serve and he was ready! May I always remember to RUN to serve when it's my turn.

No comments: