Monday, January 16, 2017

Today He Needed Mom


On Thursday Luke had a "Winter Celebration" party at school. I knew it was coming and, like most other times, I knew I wouldn't be able to go. I really wanted to though! I love kindergarten and love being apart of my kids' kindergarten years at school. (All years really!)

But it makes it hard with a preschooler and a new baby at home. Luke and I have talked about this. We've talked about how there are certain "seasons" in life, just like in weather. We've talked about how this season requires mommy to be at home more, but how soon I will be able volunteer and be at school more. 

But on the morning of the party Luke really, really  wanted me to be there. He was crying and hurt and just plain needing his mom. I asked a friend but she had another commitment. I asked a sweet grandma from our neighborhood, but she was out of town. Goodness, I even posted something on our community's babysitter Facebook page. Another neighbor and friend saw this and offered to come watch my younger two so I could go. 

It's hard living away from family sometimes and so friends' help means so much! What an angel. Because of her I was able to go to the school and surprise my son. His face was priceless and one I will never forget.  

Because today, he just needed his mom. And honestly, his mom needed to be with him too. 

No comments: