Friday, February 17, 2017

February 2016: Provo City Center Temple

Last February at this time our family went to the Provo City Center Temple open house. This temple is absolutely gorgeous!! And it is a miracle the way it went from ashes to a building of beauty for all to behold and partake of spiritual blessings. Before the temple, this building was the Provo tabernacle. It was over 100 years old and our own ancestors attended church meetings there. Jonathan and I remember attending stake conference in that building as newlyweds and just weeks before it burned down, we attended a concert where his brother Jared was playing in the BYU symphony orchestra. We were heartbroken when we heard it had burned down in a fire, but absolutely elated to find out what was left of this building would be made into a second temple in the city of Provo!
We were in awe as we walked through the temple and admired all of the intricate details and also how the builders stayed true to the tabernacle's unique design. I remember there being MANY stairs and for a woman who was 8 months pregnant at the time, that was a quite a feat getting through the whole temple without going into labor!
My kids and Jonathan know that whenever our family is on temple grounds together I get all teary-eyed and emotional. I just can't help it! The Spirit overwhelms me and I feel so grateful for the blessings and JOY our family has because of our Savior, because of the covenants and promises we make with Him inside those sacred walls. I want to shout it from the rooftops...
I AM SO THANKFUL FOR TEMPLES!!! 
AND I AM SO THANKFUL FOR MY FOREVER FAMILY!!!

No comments: