I love my little LOVE BUGS and love a day especially set aside to help them feel extra LOVED! Did I fit the word LOVE in enough in that last sentence?! Ha! And of course, I love to spoil my sweet hubby too. Although, it's usually the other way around. He is so good to me.
The kids woke up to our traditional Valentine's Day breakfast: Dunford doughnuts, eggs, and chocolate milk. I try to buy or make a little gift for my kids each year, which they get so excited about.
They each have their own little bag for goodies and Valentine cards from Mom, Dad, and grandparents. And that awesome card was for my Valentine.
He's a fan of Guardians of the Galaxy and most all 80's music. :)
And how gorgeous are these roses from my sweetheart?!
Madelyn and Evan made their clever Valentine boxes all on their own this year. I love how they turned out! And love that they're Harry Potter fanatics like their Mom and Dad now too.
And it was Miss Jane's VERY FIRST Valentine's Day! She didn't make it for breakfast with the big kids, so we had a little breakfast and opening of her Valentines later that morning.
I mean, doesn't every girl need a set of heart-eye sunglasses in her life??
She loved her eggs and toast and was a little sad when they were all gone. Seriously, could she be any cuter? I love this new pose of hers.
The table all set up for our fancy-schmancy Valentine's dinner. We loved having Uncle Jeremy with us this year, who took us back with his romantic 90's playlist. A little Backstreet Boys...yeah buddy. And I realized yet agin...I'm old.
Years ago when I was younger, my mom and my sisters and I started the tradition of making my dad a fancy Valentine's dinner. It consisted of cornish game hens, wild rice, asparagus, shrimp cocktail, rolls and bubbly. I've carried on the tradition with my own family and omitted a couple things and added Chocolate Lava Cakes for dessert. I love it when I can carry on those traditions and share something special with my own dear husband and children from my childhood.
I sure love my people! Happy Valentine's Day 2017!

















No comments:
Post a Comment