Thursday, March 16, 2017

Miracles

I think miracles happen to us often, sometimes in ways we don't even see or can't even imagine. My children, though, are certainly miracles I have noticed, and thinking of how each of them have entered this world takes my breath away.  

It was almost a year ago that my Jane came into the world, so tiny and calm. Miraculous. It was just 7 months earlier that I wasn't sure it was her time after all.  

I woke up to a bit of bleeding. It was eerily familiar to two events: my beginning pregnancy with Evan and my miscarriage. I was almost sure it was the latter and called my doctor to be seen later that day. I prepared my heart for the worst but tried to also remember and trust the feelings Jonathan and I had before getting pregnant again. It had felt like this baby was very much meant to be a part of our family. We took a leap of faith in getting pregnant again and I just had to remind myself that the Lord will take care of us and this baby according to His will. I need to trust in His all-knowing plan and His great love. 

I arrived at my doctor's office and the nurse got me all set up and hooked up to the ultrasound. I was scared of what I might see, but continued to have hope and peace. The doctor came in and went right away to checking for the baby and a viable heartbeat. 

Luckily he found it rather quickly and I heaved a sigh of relief! I remember thinking, "There SHE is! There's my beautiful, precious baby!!" It is interesting because I did not know the baby's gender until she was born, but those are the words that popped into my head and I felt they were so true. 

I had a bit of bleeding by my uterus and it was rather large so the doctor advised me to have guarded hope. I didn't really like the sound of that, but the Spirit was telling me something else. This was going to happen. This was Jane's time to come to earth. This was her time to join our family. I was going to be a mother 5 times over!

And seven months later, she arrived, absolutely perfect. A miracle. My heart and my joy...so full. 

No comments: