Monday, May 1, 2017

May Day.


It's May Day!! The beginning of one of my very favorite months! As a 6 year old, Luke is very excited about holidays. A few days ago he asked me which holiday was next and I explained the sweet little holiday called May Day. He loved it and right away declared he was going to bring bouquets to his kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Hoffman and to his friend, Ruby. 

So today came and well, he and I had been ill with strep throat over the weekend and we were not prepared for May Day with any fresh flowers. And Jane was napping so we couldn't go to the store before kindergarten either. I told him we could go after school and just give them May Day bouquets tomorrow. He did not seem too happy about that arrangement and so, undeterred he came upstairs 5 minutes later, arms full of faux flowers he'd found in the basement storage room. How could I say no? I provided him with Target's best kraft paper and twine and we went to work trimming flowers. I told him we needed to bring one for every girl in the class so no one would feel left out. He agreed, and made cards for each girl complete with stickers and handmade drawings. 

 

As he walked out the door to school with his backpack full of faux flowers I thought, "Please don't grow up". I love this sweet boy!

No comments: