Today Jonathan and the younger kids and I tagged along with Evan's third grade class to the zoo. It was the first time I had ever been on a class field trip with him and he begged us to come. And since it meant so much to him we made it a priority to go!
I feel like if I'm not careful, I can give into parenting guilt/expectations pretty easily. The never-ending arranging of schedules and fitting in and sifting out of things we want/have to do can be quite a balancing act! I really have to just follow my gut a lot and find a good balance to this parenting gig. Today my gut told me to go.
Third grade boys can be quite cute and funny to watch. They get so excited about one thing and then within 15 seconds they're ready to move on to the next thing. I think we had seen almost the whole zoo in an hour and were ready for lunch by 11:30. The other thing about third grade boys is they still don't mind if their mom gives them a big hug and kiss on the cheek in front of their friends. Well, at least most of the time. : )
It was a beautiful day and a perfect chance to spend time with our kids, learning and observing the beautiful world around us.
And to see Evan's face when we got there was absolutely priceless! These days are so fast and fleeting-I want to make the most of each milestone and step (and field trip) along the way. I'm so glad we did just that today.
No comments:
Post a Comment