Yesterday after a full afternoon of teaching piano students with a less-than-happy Jane, my knight in shining armor husband arrived home and told me to go take some time for myself.
Ok. So naturally the first I thought of was to head to Target to buy some cute and cozy tights. Ha. My Lukey had some birthday money he wanted to spend and I love having a little buddy with me, so off we went.
We browsed the toys and shoes and he was thrilled to find just what he wanted. And then he happily went down aisle after aisle with me searching for tights, smelling candles, grabbing hair things for Jane, and new shoes for me. His happiness and excitement eventually rubbed off on me and I was feeling light as ever.
Before we left, I let Luke get some dinner since Jonathan and I would be going out later. As we sat there and he ate his personal pan he would ask me, “So Mommy, did you have chicken pox growing up?” “What were some of your favorite toys when you were a little girl?” until we were in full-blown conversation mode.
I love this boy. I love that he loves to go places with me and while shopping with me never asks when it’s time to go, but is content and excited as ever to browse the store with me. And I love his thoughtful, sweet questions. His hugs. How he is the first to come into my room each morning for a snuggle and say Good Morning. How he will randomly come rub my arm, play with my hair, and ask how I’m doing.
You have a natural sweet and sensitive nature, Luke. Don’t ever change that. Xo -Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment