Friday, June 1, 2012

A Rainbow Tea Party

Photobucket

When Madelyn and I were discussing what to do for her birthday party (like 6-9 months ago), we talked about my 7th birthday when I had a tea party, and that was it--she was set on having one too. With her love of everything rainbows, it quickly turned into a Rainbow Tea Party. It was so fun for us to put together!!! It also reminded me of this party two years ago. I guess the love for rainbows has never really gone away.

Photobucket
The invites
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

The place settings

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Favor bags and party stations

Photobucket

Two of my sweet young women came to help during the party. They painted nails, did make-up,

Photobucket

and helped me string candy necklaces. The starbursts were a definite favorite and I think lots of those were eaten up before the party was over. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Evan was right there in the action, until his Dad said no way to getting his nails painted.
He's always up for a good time! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

After primping, the girls put on a fun fashion show while Anna took pictures. They really got into posing for the camera! The girls then decorated frames to put their pictures on and take home with them.

Photobucket

It was then time for the main event! The girls dined on rainbow fruit kabobs, rainbow rice krispies, rainbow candy, and rainbow drinks! There was of course, lots of colorful conversation too.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Time for gifts...always a hit! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Madelyn's sweet Grandma Starr offered to make Madelyn her birthday cake when she was here the end of April. It was kept frozen in Aunt Alena's deep freezer until the day of the party.

It turned out beautiful and was very delicious! Madelyn drew out the design she wanted on a post-it and Grandma delivered...even down to the rainbow layers inside!

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

THANK YOU GRANDMA!

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was a lovely, perfect day for one lovely girl!
xo

Photobucket

4 comments:

Starry said...

I'm so glad the cake worked out so well and I love how you decorated. Again, you truly have a gift for creating beautiful things. Sorry we didn't get a chance to celebrate with her, but maybe we can visit soon.

janell said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS!!! Tea Party to the max!

Karolyn said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! As always! Looks like such a fun time! Great job Erica!

The Fantastic Four said...

The cake looks so yummy. I can't believe Maddy is 7. Time sure flies. Wish we lived closer. Great job on the awesome party!!